Learn More About Medicare
Understanding the basics of Medicare.
When learning about Medicare, you may find yourself asking a lot of questions. And whether you’re looking to research plans or enroll for the first time, this site can help you find answers.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is the federal health insurance program available to people 65 years of age or older. Medicare is also available to younger people with certain disabilities and people with end-stage renal disease.
What's the best way to start researching Medicare plans?
Before choosing your Medicare plan, you need to understand your unique needs. Consider the following questions before choosing a Medicare plan:
- How would you classify your overall health? Talk to your doctor about your current health to get a better overall picture of your coverage needs.
- Do you understand the different parts of Medicare? Each of the different parts of Medicare delivers something unique. Make sure you understand them so you can make a confident choice. Learn more about the Parts of Medicare.
- What are your prescription drug needs? Make a list of your current medications and consider what prescription drugs you may use in the future.
Where can I find Medicare answers?
As a person eligible for Medicare, you have many healthcare coverage options to choose from. The following pages can help you find out more about Humana’s Medicare plans and more.
Medicare Parts A and B – learn the difference between the two and decide which plan or plans may fit your healthcare needs.
- Extra Help with Medicare Coverage – find out how you can get assistance paying for your healthcare costs, such as prescription drug cost assistance.
- Avoid Medicare Fraud – keep yourself safe from scams and identity theft with some helpful tips from Humana.
- History of Medicare – explore the evolution of Medicare and Humana’s role in its history.
- Medicare Rights – learn about your rights to Medicare once you are enrolled in a plan, and about the appeal process.