Humana Gold Plus (HMO) Plan
Broad HMO coverage and value for your healthcare dollar
Humana Gold Plus® is a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan that offers broad coverage. It includes all the benefits of Original Medicare and may include prescription drug coverage and many extras. And, the out-of-pocket costs are lower and more predictable than with other types of plans.
That means you'll have a good idea of how much you'll spend on healthcare during the year. You don't have to adjust your lifestyle to fit healthcare into your budget.
How the Humana Gold Plus HMO plan works
With Humana Gold Plus, you enjoy:
- Choice of a primary care physician in the plan network
- Affordable monthly plan premium
- Prescription drug coverage equal to or better than the standard requirement for a Medicare Part D plan*
- Affordable copayments for doctor visits and annual routine physicals
- Emergency coverage anywhere in the world
- Coverage for most annual screenings at no charge
Your doctors and Humana Gold Plus
Humana Gold Plus is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan. That means you choose a doctor from our broad network to coordinate your care. You're covered for unlimited doctor visits so you can see the primary care physician you choose as often as you need. Plus, you're not locked in once you pick your doctor - you can change to a different in-network doctor whenever you like.
- Together, you and your doctor coordinate all of your care
- Your primary care physician is your partner in health and will send you to specialists or hospitals when you need special care
Original Medicare benefits and more
Humana Gold Plus plans cover all the benefits of Original Medicare and much more, including:
- Medically necessary doctor visits for affordable copayments
- Prescription drug coverage (some plans do not include drug coverage)
- Hospitalization coverage
- Emergency coverage when you travel outside the United States
You must receive all routine care from plan providers. With the exception of emergencies and urgent care situations, it may cost more for covered services received outside the network. Specialists and facilities may require referrals from your PCP.
Humana is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract.
The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. Benefits may change on January 1 of each year. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Additional information about benefits is available to assist you in making a decision about your coverage. For more information contact the plan.